Wednesday 16 October 2013

Research and Planning: Initial Ideas for Music Magazine


I intend to create a magazine that appeals to a niche audience. My magazine will include only un-signed artists and bands that fit into genres similar to pop punk, alternative, electro, hardcore and rock. This sub-genre will appeal well to my niche audience, as, not only is there a lack of competition within this sub-genre, but there are also a lot of amateur bands in my target audience age of 16-23. Artists that fit within my genre include:
  • Ghost Town.
  • Koopa.
  • Call Atlantis.
I intend to include content that will appeal to my niche audience such as:
  • Newly signed bands.
  • Up-and-coming unsigned bands.
  • Tips on how to get signed.
  • Gig guides.
I will include no more than four different colours and three different fonts within my house style, as this simplicity can be appealing, due to lack of confusion.

I will keep the mode of address informal and casual to appeal to my target audience. However, I will ensure it is not too informal (text language), as this may put some readers off and insult their intelligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment