Sunday 6 October 2013

Experimenting With Photograph Ideas and Angles


This is my first experiment. I like this photograph as the bokeh of the light in the background looks really effective. The contrast between the colours (blue of the hoodie, natural skin and hair colours, green of the background) compliment each other well. I think an image like this would be suitable for a contents page.


This is my second image. This photograph is a low angle medium shot. I like the consistency of the background in this image, but think that the lighting is too harsh. 


I tried angling the camera at around forty five degrees in this photograph, as I believe this connotes a fun, modern feel, which is what my magazine will embody. I think the lighting is slightly too harsh in this image as well.


This very low angle shot connotes power. As much as I like this angle, I don't think it is appropriate for my magazine.


This is an over the shoulder medium shot. I like the detailing in this image but think the background is too distracting.


This is my final photograph experiment. This is the image I think would be most relevant to my magazine. My subject is the correct age for a student, is wearing a backpack - suggesting he may be going to school - and is holding a phone in clear sight - relating to the interests of my potential readers. This image is a medium shot and is taken around eye level. The aperture used was f/1.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment